Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Double-D

While Alexis represented all of us at our friend Christal's wedding in Alexandria, Louisiana, Henry and I went to Double Decker in Oxford. He'd been talking for weeks about getting to ride on top of a "decker bus" and going to a baseball game. Neither was a disappointment.


After cruising around town waving to everyone like a celebrity, Henry got to hang out with his tailgate buddy Stephen. They had sort of a dance-off to the music and then shared some M&Ms.

No one on the corner has swagger like us.

Mmmmmm. Corn dog. But don't let this picture fool you--he ended up eating this thing corn-on-the-cob style. And when that got old, he pulled the hot dog out and ate it plain. [Not pictured: Les Miles.]

He brought Pooh Bear to the baseball game and made sure to hold him up so he too could see the field. It was actually a great game and I think Georgia's pitcher got a little rattled when Henry started his cheer of "we need a snitchner, nomma skerry gichner." (Translation: "we need a pitcher, not a belly-itcher"...I think we may need to work on that one.)

At the stadium playground, holding on to a stranger's shorts for balance.

After the game, kids can go on the field for autographs. Henry was in awe. But not of the players...of the John Deere mule that rakes the infield. Future groundskeeper?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Uh oh.

I think that looking at a lot of the pictures posted here probably gives the impression that Henry is some kind of by-the-numbers, tall-glass-of-whole-milk, all-American boy. And in a lot of ways, I guess he is. But there are definitely times when he is anything but. Case in point: a recent trip to the shoe store with Alexis. She was trying on a pair of shoes herself, and when she looked around she saw this, which he had done all by himself...

Looks like we may be perusing a new section of the parenting books in the near future.

Meanwhile, in a much less flamboyant display of individualism, here is Henry eating one of his favorite, if not his very favorite non-ice cream-related food: edamame. He used to let us take the beans out of the shells for him, but now he won't let us get anywhere near them. His success rate is about 80% with the other 20% or so popping out and flying all over the kitchen.


When it comes to hide and seek, like many poker players, Henry has a tell. Even if you were somehow having trouble finding him in his hiding place (hard to imagine since it usually consists of a crouching position in the middle of the floor), you can almost always smoke him out by implying that he is an age other than two years old...

video

Monday, April 6, 2009

Ready for His Close-Up

For the first time ever, we spent some time with an actual photographer this weekend.* We don't get the full set of proofs back for a couple of weeks, but she did post a few on her blog. Here's a sample:

To see a few more, you can click here. We obviously love these pictures and can't wait to see the rest!

* If you're in the market, her name is Lori Gordon...we highly recommend her.